Sunday, May 07, 2006

May 7th, 2006

How is this for a smile?! She was actually making a sound along with the smile in this picture, I wish you could hear her! She has the sweetest soft little voice. Can you believe I get to look at this adorable little face every single day, all day!? What a blessed woman I am! Lilyanah smiles all of the time now unless she's really tired at which time she makes the funniest noises. It's kinda like she's trying to talk in a foreign language while whining. Now that's talent! It makes it really hard to take her seriously cause' you're just smiling at the silly-ness of it all! This chemo round I've been so blessed & felt so good that I've been busy doing things & haven't spent much time sitting in front of the computer, which is a blessing & also no good because now I've fallen behind AGAIN & will have to catch you up on the last 2 weekends! Saturday, the 29th I took pictures of what everyone was doing. Lilyanah was helping her grandma work at the computer. Mom spends a lot of time working on the computer to keep up with the businesses her & dad own. We need to hire her a secretary so she can spend all of her free time loving on our daughter. Of course she does anyway, such a blessing to both her & Lilyanah!
Dad asked Will if he knew how to change the oil in our car. Wi
ll, very matter of factly said, "Yeah, I put my shoes on, grab the keys & drive to Jiffy Lube." Such a funny guy. Dad decided 27 years without knowing how to change oil was too long & the two spent the majority of the day just like they are in the picture. They changed the oil in every car in the driveway which was not a small task. Will came in covered with oil but said he really enjoyed the day.
Now the next picture is going to make anyone wh
o has ever gone to Camp Yamhill & tasted my grandmother's cooking JEALOUS! Gigi makes the most amazing cinnamon rolls & yes, that is what she was doing when I took the picture. It brought back a lot of good memories. She ALWAYS made homemade dough & we would spend the afternoon wrapping a couple hundred hot dogs in her homemade bread. I will admit that I RARELY helped with the cinnamon rolls, she would get up at around 4am to do it & my alarm didn't go off for another couple of hours! Gigi is one amazingly talented woman in so many ways. Her cooking was & is her way of showing people how much she cares. And I have to say that I just love seeing her with Lilyanah! I started this entry a couple of days ago & today is actually the 8th. Earlier today I went in to Portland to have the PET scan done & afterwards I'm radioactive for awhile so I don't get to hold Lilyanah. It's no fun, but she had a great day with her Gigi. We should know the results fairly soon, but I also have a CAT scan scheduled for Wednesday, the two should tell us pretty conclusively whether or not I'm in full remission. I'll keep you updated. . . . I hope your week is off to a good start! And thanks again for your prayers! Wendy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
I'm so glad you were able to capture Lilyanah's full smile on camera. She's beautiful! You all are very blessed, and it makes me so happy and thankful.
Love,
Evelyn

Unknown said...

Yuuuuum! Ruthie's cinnamon rolls! So good! But the thing I miss most (besides her, of course) is her coffee cake and dinner rolls. I think they still use the same recipes out at camp, but everything is just a little better when Ruthie makes it. Will you give her a big hug and smooch for me? And your mom and Lilyanah, too.