Friday, September 08, 2006

American What!?

Here are just a few updates. . . Last Friday the phone rang a little after 7:00 in the morning. It was my sweet aunt Kathy with an offer that we couldn't refuse! For the second year in a row she had won tickets from a radio station to the American Idol concert at the Rose Garden and since her boss had already bought tickets for her & all the girls in the office, she offered them to Will & I. Let me just say that they were amazing seats & we had a really great time. The last time I went to a concert was Shania Twain in 2000. Anyway, a big thank you again out to you Aunt Kathy & to Don & Peggy (her boss & his wife) who treated Will & I to a yummy dinner before the concert.

I haven't written much about an adventure we're in the middle of because I wasn't sure how it was all going to go, but we're in the process of closing on a house. We actually sign the papers tomorrow. But, right now most of our stuff is packed away in boxes. Well I found the shoes on Lilyanah's feet in a box of her stuff & wanted to see if they fit. I know it's an interesting outfit but the look on her face was too cute for me not to post the picture! She loves to hold your hands & be walked around. Can you believe we are blessed with this smiley face every day!? The house we're getting is still right here in Newberg. I'll have to post some pictures soon! We're so excited about getting the keys in hand & starting to make the house our home.

The last picture is from Lilyanah's first time to eat 'real' food. And I think 'real' is a stretch, it's just her first rice cereal. She took bites like a pro,
we were so proud. You see that hair on my head! My brother Jeremy says I finally look like a college kid who cuts her hair short. I went from looking like Cleopatra right after we shaved my head to a 90 year old man when it was first growing back to a 6 year old boy a week ago. So I figure a college kid is a compliment! This picture lets you see how Lilyanah responded. She wants to touch EVERYTHING in front of her, the food was not exception! Anyway, we're having a good time. I want to apologize again for being so bad at keeping up at this. I seriously think blog entries in my mind that never make it to the screen. Hopefully once everything slows down I'll become more consistent! Of course when do things ever slow down!? I hope all of you are enjoying the beginning of fall! I love every season & am always ready for the next one to come around. Fall, I love the gradual cooling of days & occasional sprinkle. I love the changing colors of the leaves & the approaching of autumn & winter holidays. . .
So my question for you all is what do you love about fall? ~love you all! Wendy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is just beautiful. I can't wait to see all of you. We are excited about your new home and can't wait to help you furnish it. Love Mom and Jim

Mathias and Craig Families said...

I love the cooler days, the beautiful fall colors on the trees, and being able to still leave the windows open in the afternoon for fresh air! What a blessing it has been to Dad and me having the 3 of you living with us! It is a time in your lives and ours that we will always cherish & I will truly miss it when you moved! Love, Mom

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you--how nice that you found a house so quickly! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Speaking of pictures, does your family have ANY bad ones? That's one CUUUUUUUTE little girl you've got there. I wish I could see her in person more often.

Fall and spring are my favorite seasons--I'm not as fond of the extremes of summer and winter. I love the colors of the leaves and the crisp/brisk weather. I love it when shops start having specials like pumpkin yogurt and pumpkin cheesecake. I love wearing sweaters and boots again. And I love that Thanksgiving is just around the corner...and that Christmas is just weeks behind.

Anonymous said...

Fall is when my husband and I started dating so the weather reminds me of our great courtship. Plus, it is such a surprise when the weather all of a sudden gets cool providing us relief from our 100+ Oklahoma summer. ~Jeanne (Parker) Lay
P.S. Can't believe how big Lilyanah is getting.

Anonymous said...

Fall is when my husband and I started dating so the weather reminds me of our great courtship. Plus, it is such a surprise when the weather all of a sudden gets cool providing us relief from our 100+ Oklahoma summer. ~Jeanne (Parker) Lay
P.S. Can't believe how big Lilyanah is getting.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new house--I'm so happy for you. And congratulations on your hair! It looks nice.

I, too, love every season and am excited about fall approaching. It has been raining off and on today, and I heard some thunder just a moment ago. The changing colors, the crisp air--it's all so refreshing and peaceful.

Love,
Evelyn

Ryan and Katie said...

I can't wait to see pics of your new home. Autumn is my favorite season. I just love the weather and the leaves.

Anonymous said...

We cannot wait to see pictures of you new home Dad and Ann