Sunday, October 15, 2006

Well hello again. . .

Hello to the dedicated who still, despite my serious neglect to this blog, check in to see what's going on in our family. Having a house is WORK! But we love it! We finished painting the last major room this weekend (the kitchen) & are thus done with the big stuff for awhile (YIPPEE!) I apologize for taking so long to get pics of our house, in the move the USB cable that enables me to download pictures from our camera got misplaced so it may be a little bit longer! I hope God is showering you all with blessings, we miss you all & hope to get the house done soon so we can have a party to celebrate the new home the Lord has blessed us with. I'm going to leave you all with a random question. . . . Halloween has got me thinking about fashion, (it's a stretch, I know, but. . .) if you could set the trend & bring back clothing styles from any decade which decade would you choose? I think I would choose the late 1700's (like the clothes Gwyneth Paltrow wears in Emma) Mostly only for the women though, the tight pants the men wore are a little creepy if you ask me! Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you! Love you all! ~ Wendy.

3 comments:

Mathias and Craig Families said...

I don't know that you could actually call it "bringing back" (since it's just a fairy tale), but I've always thought I would love to wear the dress Disney's Cinderella wore to the ball. I love the full, flowing skirt! (I hope Lilyanah is feeling much better!) Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

When I was a kid, I was obsessed by the clothes in Gone With the Wind. I longed for a wardrobe full of those! But not anymore--you couldn't make me wear anything with a corset!

I really like the clothing from the late Thirties to early Fifties--most of those styles are really flattering, and the shoes are adorable!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are in your new home and are able to fix it up a bit to make it truly yours. Hopefully you will be able to slow down and just enjoy it during the holiday season.

I like pretty skirts and dresses, just lovely and flowy--but not too tight, no corsets, etc. I like it when women look like women!