Monday, November 13, 2006

Some more tidbits

Our little lou-who, who will be 10 months old on Friday, has been sick for almost 3 weeks now. It's been somewhat off & on. . . we've been to the doctor three times, too! It's just a cold that won't let go! Here's somewhat a picture of our house. My mom took it on my birthday (November 1st) in our living room. You can kinda see the texture on the wall; it looks like suede. When I was painting, the wet paint reminded me of cake batter, which explained to me why Will chose it, my baby LOVES chocolate!
This pic is my aunt Mona, cousin Carrie & of course Lilyanah at Mona & Rick's anniversary party that I wrote about earlier.

This year at our Masquerade party we dressed as a past or future version of ourselves. Now since Corey hasn't had an ounce of fat on him since he was a baby I have to assume that this picture is of a very-far-in-the-future him!

We Masquerade party we had on the 28th of October. We all dressed as ourselves from the past or the future. I had to include a picture of Corey because he dressed as himself in the future with an old-man belly! The next pic isn't a great one of Lilyanah but she has more hair than she will for at least 7 years I'm sure, if not longer! Aunt Kelsey is holding her before the party (you can't see but she stuffed her belly too & came as a future pregnant Kelsey). It's not a great picture of Lilyanah but it's the only one I have of her with that silly wig on! She was actually a little sunflower, though we all thought she looked a little like the dressed up version of ET. I hope you are all enjoying your November! I'm getting giddy about decorating our new house for Christmas! I'm not sure how we'll work the tree with Lilyanah~ It'll all work somehow. My question for you all is what are your Christmas or holiday traditions? Love you all! ~Wendy

5 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

The wall color loks great and I love Lilyanah's wig! Our family tradition was to travel to Michigan every year on Xmas day to my Grandparents. So we always ate at Waffle House on Xmas day bc nothing else was open. Ryan and I are trying to start some traditions. So far I think we have just decided to buy a Hall mark ornament after Xmas every year....when they are on sale :)

Unknown said...

One of our nicest Christmas traditions is to have Dad read The Night Before Christmas right before we go to bed on Christmas Eve. We never out-grew the tradition, either. Until we misplaced the book a few years ago, he would still read it to his 20-something kids, and we still loved to sit on the couch to listen. I'm sure we'll keep up that tradition with our little boy.

Walt & Saundra said...

Well, first let me say I love your hair! And Lilyanah's new blondilocks!
One of my favorite Christmas traditions was always going to my Grossma and Grosspa's (they're my German grandparents) for Christmas Eve dinner, then going to a Christmas Eve service at their Mennonite church. For years my cousins were in the program, and now my cousin's kiddos! After the service we all go back to Grossma's house and she reads the Christmas story from Luke, and says a prayer, and then one of the grandchildren, now the great-grandchildren, passes out presents.
Oh, and we always got an orange at the door when we left church, which we could never eat...it showed up in the toes of our stockings the next morning!
I think that's a German thing too...

Anonymous said...

Wendy, your hair is so cute--and so is Lilyanah's! It sure makes her look different. :)
Every year on Christmas Eve, before bed, my Dad read us The Night Before Christmas. On Christmas morning we got to open our stockings right when we woke up (and there was always a tangerine in the bottom), but we had to wait until the whole family was awake to start opening presents. Then we all helped cook a yummy brunch and then ate it on the fancy table with candles and everything. In the afternoon we would all take a stroll through the neighborhood. I loved it all!

Mike and Debby said...

We always bought ornaments on sale after Christmas, too. We always bought one each for the kids, something special that related to a part of their lives (a soccer player, a dancer, etc.). We also bought an ornament each time we went on a great vacation (like from Paris) or a special trip/event one or both of us took.
Years later, the kids have a box full of memories to hang on their own tree. They make for a great reminiscing session when we all get together.