Friday, March 23, 2007

AMAZING technology!


Everybody meet little baby Mathias #2. The image is a little bumpy, she isn't but it's hard for them to get just the outer layer of skin. .. So one of the benefits to being in the hospital so early with Lilyanah was the incredible picture that we got of her with their 3D ultrasound. With this little girl we are having ultrasounds VERY often, every 3 to 4 weeks. I have to say while it's no fun being a high-risk pregnancy I love that we get to see our little one so often! And, at this last appointment they did the above 3D ultrasound of her (just because I asked), isn't that so nice of them! The doctor said everything is going great & that she weighs about 1 lbs 3 oz. I asked about what she was thinking delivery-wise, because the last time we met she made it sound like I was going to go close to full-term. She said that had I not been able to do the MRI's that they were probably only going to let me go until 32-34 weeks. (Different from the 34 to 36 weeks she'd previously told me. But since they are able to do the MRI's they probably won't induce until I'm 36 to 37 weeks along. So still an early baby but hopefully not so early that she'll have to spend time in the NICU (Neonatal intensive care unit) like her big sister.

Last weekend we bought our first lawn mower! Isn't that so exciting! We actually have a very substantial yard in comparison to most properties these days. I think it took a couple of hours to clean up fallen twigs & such along with mowing the whole thing. I can't wait until we can build a fence all around our property so we can let the boys (our 2 pugs) run around while we're working outside. After losing our first pug, our sweet little Amos, so tragically Will has been very protective of these boys & tries very hard to avoid dangerous situations. Like, having them outside while he's mowing the lawn. When he was a boy his dad was mowing their lawn, and even though Will wasn't even close to the mower it went over a rock and slung it across the yard and hit Will. So he made sure we weren't very close when he mowed.

4 comments:

Mindy, Peyton, and Brady Seeber said...

Hey!! I am so glad that everything is going well. I bet it was so neat to have a 3D ultra sound taken. I bet you could see all her features! We can't wait to see her. The one thing that I have always wanted to do but am too scared to do it is: sky diving. Dwayne really wants me to go with him. Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that it looks like you'll be able to carry the baby so long! God is doing wonderful things.

I've always thought it would be neat to go skydiving, but I'm not quite ready to risk everything!

Walt & Saundra said...

Hey Wendy!
This pic is so cool. Thanks for calling the other day!
Love you,
Saundra

Fox Family said...

I'm soooo glad things are coming along smoothly this time Wendy. I love that picture of her! She looks comfy, huh? I really wish we could have gotten a 3D pic while Makenna was in the womb but any pics we got were a blessing. What is your official due date now that you have this updated good news from the MRI's?

By the way, it's good to hear BJ is doing some yard work! About time! J/k. :)