Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Aloha


What a month! We left May 11th for Maui and I was impressed at how well the girls did on the plane ride! Lilyanah was in heaven having Grandma on the plane & played almost the entire time! On the flights in order to get her to chew on take off & landing we take fruit snacks & jelly beans. She LOVES the jelly beans which I think account for her asking to go to the airport so much! We found some good beaches & I was so happy that the girls took to the water as well as they did.Lilyanah is only moderately a fan of the ocean, she loves the sand. She'd be playing in the sand & tell the ocean to 'stay'. One day at the beach we dug 2 deep holes. One was her little pool & the other was her little house. Mom took Lilyanah to the ocean to get her cleaned off a bit & a guy walked right through both of the holes knocking a bunch of sand in the holes. Mom said, "that was not a very nice man". Lilyanah out of the blue days later said "Not a nice man." So crazy & sad the things she is starting to remember! Ethne, loved the ocean & pools. We would put her in a little floatie & she'd smile & kick & splash. She'd also fall asleep in the water which was GREAT! I'd just cuddle with her in the ocean & sway with the waves & she would almost without fail fall asleep. Of course I think it had a lot to do with us being at the beach during her nap time! While we were on Maui Ethne's first tooth broke through her gums. The second one broke through about 2 weeks later. So now our 11 month old has 2 teeth!! We were all very careful about putting a lot of sunblock on & limiting our time in the sun. They have a Costco there & if any of you are heading to Hawaii check & see if there's one close. It's a serious money saver, the prices are the same or close to what they are here. Just a little tip! We sure missed Will while we were there! We were so happy to join up with him on the 18th in Kauai. We actually had a 9 hour layover on Oahu & went to see our relatives while we were there. My grandma Craig's niece who is now 92 years old (Lisa) was there & we got to visit with her a bit which was really nice, she reminded me of my grandma Craig. Anyway, even with that long layover we were still rushing to the airport afraid we may miss our plane. God took care of us, as He always does & we made it on time.Will picked us up in Kauai & all 3 of us girls were in heaven having him near again! Our week on Kauai was spent going to different beaches & playing at the pool. It's crazy that anything you may want to do costs more than $100 a person sometimes for only 1 hour of entertainment. We did pay that much to go to a luau which was worth the money. The hotel was beautiful, the food was great, the setting for the luau was gorgeous & the dancers were talented. We even saw a guy do a fire dance, yikes!!! Lilyanah wanted to get up & dance the whole time! The first picture is at a beach on Kauai that I can't spell or pronouce. It's where they shot the pilot for Gilligan's Island & it is one amazing, not well known beach! I think it was my favorite! We went back the next day, our last day on the island & there was a couple getting married there. It was a little bizarre because one of the guys there had a 2 1/2 year old daughter buck naked running free on the beach along with 2 little puppies. Randomly he was originally from Portland. We got to know Ava (his little girl) pretty well as she decided we were the most fun to play with! We had such a GREAT time & feel so blessed to have been able to spend 2 weeks in such a tropical paradise! I could write more but there's no way I'll get this posted anytime soon if I try! I hope you enjoy the pictures! Love you all! ~Wendy.

4 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I'm so glad you posted pics! It looks like you all had a good time!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a great time. It must have been very relaxing and a much-needed break for you all!

Walt & Saundra said...

You are so brave, traveling with 2 little ones! What a fun, relaxing trip for you!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I miss Hawaii so much! I hope we are able to go back again someday, it's so hard to get David to fly that long! You're a Super Mommy to have taken such a long flight with 2 little ones! Glad you had a great time! Miss you, love you and take care!