
Yes, we know what we are having. . . . It happened rather unexpectedly actually. I was in for an appointment with our new doctor so they would schedule my 20 week appointment where you typically find out what you're having. Anyway, the baby didn't cooperate & she only briefly found the heartbeat so she sent me across the hall to have a quick ultrasound. I was only in there a few minutes but the lady looked around found the heartbeat which she said looked great & then asked if I wanted to know what we were having. Of course I said 'yes!'. I'd had one dream that I was having a litle boy but in that moment I said, 'It's another girl, isn't it.' She said, 'No, it's a little boy.' So there you have it, in another few months a little boy will join our little family which is not so little anymore. We're hoping he'll help balance the drama factor that the girls bring to our lives. We were both very surprised (I called Will immediately because he was at home watching the girls). It's surreal to me still, after two girls, the thought of having a little boy. I've been in 'girl world' for so long it's hard to get away from thinking about pink polka dots (polka pots, as Lilyanah calls them)& flowers. We're so excited though, I just have to get Lilyanah to quit saying she has a little boy in her tummy too! I've told her that her tummy is too small but she still brings it up sometimes.

In other news Ethne had an appointment yesterday at 14 months is 19 lbs 2 oz, 30" long & is still nowhere near needing a hair cut. The doctor said she looks great which we are very thankful for! I'm so looking forward to the change in season. I just love the fall. I'm not sure what I'll think of it here, the wind blows like crazy! Earlier this week we had the closest thing to Winnie the Pooh's 'blustery day' that I've ever encoutered. We Mathias' will be getting some serious winter coats this coming season! Ethne wants to play so this is the end of our exciting update. We love you all! ~w.
5 comments:
Congratulations! I had already heard from Laura, but I enjoyed hearing all the details from you! :) Luke will be thrilled to have a boy to play with! We miss your family lots!
Love ya,
Randie
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I can't believe I found out that you are pregnant via a blog comment!!! We haven't talked in waaaaayyyy too long! Of course, I just checked your blog and read about it being a boy, congratulations! I am so happy for you guys.
Love you!
Saundra
Congratulations, Wendy! You will be an awesome mom for that little man.
Love,
Erin
Yeah!!! Now you'll experience my world!!! It's so great to have boys! He'll be so close to you. Every mom needs a son! Congratulations! I'll be here for advice when you need it! Boys are definately a handful, but worth it! Love you!!! BTW, I have a blog now. It's thedavidsprinklefamily.blogspot.com
Congratulations!!! My little boy is so sweet and so much fun, and I'm sure yours will be, too! It will be fun for you to start thinking trucks and trains and puppy dogs instead of the usual dots and flowers! I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment