Thursday, October 16, 2008

LIFE

We've been so blessed to be busy with guests that I haven't had much time to keep this blog updated! First Corey & Kelsey came for a visit which you probably just read about. . . A few days later Mom & Dad came for the weekend (Friday through Sunday). They left & on the 2nd of October Will's dad & his dads wife Ann arrived. The girls hadn't seen them since last Christmas but they took to them both so quickly & enjoyed having their Grandpa Mike read to them & chase them around the sofa! The visit was too short but there was hunting to be done so they headed out a few days later. After they left we didn't have another visitor until Will's mom flew into town on the 17th. In between on the 11th & 12th we had snow!!! SO BIZARRE & SO FUN! I didn't have our winter gear out yet so our hands could only take making the small little snowmen you see in the photo with Will & the girls!!! There's also a picture of Lilyanah reading a book to Ethne. It was so sweet & I was so impressed at how Lilyanah would get phrases from the book exactly right! Will picked his mom up from the airport & we had a good time going to the park, visiting the library, dancing around the living room & playing! She didn't just spoil the girls while she was here Will & her went shopping & came back with GI Joe toys that are supposably for our little boy. Of course as soon as they got home Daddy had them out of the box & was showing them to a very eager Lilyanah who loves her 'little brother's toys'. We had such nice visits with everyone who came! It was the first visit to Idaho for Will's Dad & mom as well as Corey & Kelsey. We feel so blessed to have family that loves us enough to travel to us!!!! Lynn (Will's mom)stayed until Sunday morning. I stayed up late Saturday night getting the car loaded up so we could drive out to Oregon right after he dropped her off at the airport. Mom & Dad weren't expecting us until Wednesday so we thought it would be a fun surprise. The girls were absolute angels, Ethne slept most of the way & I have to credit most of Lilyanah's good behavior to the tv/dvd player attached to the back of the driver seat! Will had to fly out early the next morning so he may have spent 12 hours in Oregon before having to fly back to Idaho. We stayed out in Oregon for 2 weeks! Will was at the end of budgets with his company (a CRAZY busy time)so it was a perfect time to take us out for a visit. . . . The girls loved seeing & being around everyone! Mom was surprised to see us but to our surprise it was Kelsey who cried at the sight of the girls! Dad & I got over to the house to rake up leaves from our HUGE oak tree in the front yard & clean up around the outside a bit. I got to have a girl's night, at which Korie Jones brought the yummiest ginger snap cookies & we watched Made of Honor. It was good to have some big girl time! The girls loved getting to see their cousins & spend time with Gigi over at her house. We had our annual Halloween party (an 80's theme) on the 31st. Mom & Gigi hosted a small grandparent/grandkid party next door @ Gigi's house. Our girls had a blast! Afterwards the girls came over to our party & danced under the disco ball, they were pretty funny to watch! Saturday Will woke up early & made me birthday pancakes (from scratch), such a sweetheart! Then we moved Corey & Kelsey into their new house, at least their stuff. . . . Kelsey & I were a little pathetic trying to help but we did what we could! Kelsey made her yummy homemade chili for dinner at my request and our Oregon visit was just about over. We went to church & took some family pics on Sunday before heading back to Idaho. The ride home went without incident until we stopped at the airport so We could pick up the CRV. We had to both drive to Boise since Will had to fly back & have a car. Anyway, somehow the car alarm had been set & worn the battery down. The problem was that we didn't have the keychain with the remote to turn the alarm off. It was nearly midnight & we had to call Kody in Iowa to tell us how to get the alarm turned off so the battery would charge. We were there in the parking garage for nearly an hour but thanks to Kody answering his phone we were able to get the alarm off & the car started! We were not excited at the possibility of having to leave the car there. It would have meant a 2 hour drive back to Boise with the remote, charging the car & turning around for another 2 hour drive. YUCK! Needless to say, we are indebted to Kody for helping us out in the wee hours of the morning! Our arrival back into Idaho marked the end of a crazy month + of travel for all of our sweet family who came to visit us & of course our last visit to Oregon before our little baby boy is born. This at least takes us into November! I really am so sorry for being such an awful blogger lately! I really thought I'd get back in the habit once we moved here but not having family around even though I don't work anymore I find I'm busier here than I was at home in Oregon!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you've been busy! I don't know where you find the energy!!!

If you ever run into trouble at the Boise airport again, please give me a call...we only live 10-15 minutes away and I'm always up late. You're always welcome to stay the night if your schedule demands (or even permits)--and I'd be happy to play airport-to-Twin shuttle if it means getting a chance to visit with you!

Anonymous said...

Silly hormones - I guess when I'm completely surprised and shocked, I get a little teary! Who knew??

The Woodards said...

WOW, i think i need a break now after reading all of that! That's a fantastic overview anyway. It's almost enough to forgive the last 4 months of blog silence! =) I love you and seeing your pictures, and can't wait to see baby boy's pictures! Leann