Thursday, November 03, 2011

Disneyland 2011


A week ago Chet and I flew to Los Angeles, stayed 2 nights in one of our Worldmark properties and spent his birthday at Disneyland. It was probably much more of a gift for me (I'm probably the biggest Disney nut in our family, although Lilyanah and Ethne are right behind me!), but I know he enjoyed it, too.

Disney parks are wonderful with children, and we have thoroughly enjoyed every trip we've taken with our children and our grandchildren. (And believe me, we need and look forward to MANY more trips with them--in fact, Lilyanah is ready to go right now!) I love the looks on their faces when they see the characters around the park and on the rides (see August 2009 post).


But the parks are also fun for grown-ups (just ask Marge and Nathan Mitts, who've been way more times than we may ever go!). We could go on any ride we wanted to (except Pirates of the Caribbean which was closed for refurbishing--sadly). I think we may go again in October because the crowds were practically non-existent (a fact the park employees confirmed more than once). We went on Splash Mountain two times in a row without waiting for anybody!

Chet even found a store named after him!

I hope we will be able to take our 5 adorable grandchildren (and their parents!) to Disney parks many more times over the coming years!


2 comments:

TLKOREGON said...

What about the neice!!!! I want to go too!!!! =) Glad you had fun, I won't go into HOW jealous I am, just know I AM jealous!

Wendy M. said...

I'm getting the feeling you REALLY want to go on another trip to a Disney park with some family. . . :) Lilyanah & Ethne are both ready to book the trip now, and I know the look on Westyn's face seeing character's would be priceless, he got the "Wendy drama" along with the girls. I can't call it Craig or Mathias because I'm pretty sure it's isolated to me. :) Love you mama & way impressed at another post so soon!