What a fun Mother's Day we had! Lilyanah was an absolute angel during church, not even fussing a bit when she fell asleep! I figured that was her Mother's Day gift to me! They had a special 'ceremony' where they introduced the new babies of the year & challenged us as their parents as well as the congregation to raise our babies in the Lord. I was very thankful that they recognized that we all have a responsibility to show our Lord to our children.After church Gigi bles
sed our entire family with another home cooked meal. Of course every meal with our Gigi is homecooked & delicious!This outfit on our little one was picked out by her daddy, I think it's one of my favorites, though the hat is WAY too big & kept on falling over her big blue eyes! She just turned 4 MONTHS yesterday & her eyes aren't changing color one bit. I know they can change up until 2 years, but we'll enjoy the blue while she has it!
For Mother's Day Will gave me the greatest gift! Well, first of all our precious Lilyanah (who has most unfortunately discovered her thumb fits in her mouth better than her fist), would not be here were it not for him! But this year for Mother's Day we are starting to sponser a child through Christian Relief from Haiti. I don't really believe in doing things like this & making it common knowledge, but I wanted to share it with all of you because it's a FANTASTIC program if you are wanting to help out children in the world. I know my Papa & Gigi have been sponsering children from India for over 15 years now & have made such a difference in their lives with only $25 a month. Can you believe that's all it takes!? We spend more than that in formula in 2 weeks! Anyway, if you get the chance I hope you'll check it out, I don't like sounding like an advertisement but what a wonderful way to make a difference for Jesus. The web address is: www.Christianrelieffund.org

My uncle Rick loves working with old cars & just happened to drive the one in the picture to Papa & Gigi's for our celebration, which of course I do not know what make, model, or year it is from being 'not-car-savvy' at all! But we had to take advantage of it being there & get a couple of pictures.
I hope that all of you mothers had such a special Mothers' Day & that all of you men & kiddos showered your women with all of the love & appreciation that they deserve every day of the year. Of course ditto for the women with their men & kids. Never forget that each day is a gift that we can never go back & do over. I love you all! Wendy.

4 comments:
Wendy,
It was such a wonderful blessing to get to see you on Mother's Day--your first as a mom! You are a joy and an inspiration. Your pictures are beautiful, as always.
Love,
Evelyn
I absolutely LOVE that picture in front of the old car. You guys are the cutest little family.
As for the blue eyes thing, I think it could go either way. I can tell from pictures that I had dark blue eyes till I was at least 4 years old (while we lived in Texas), but between then and when I started Kindergarten, they gradually changed to hazel. No one noticed (not even Mom) till I gave the wrong answer to an eye color question during a game and the kids were like, "your eyes aren't blue, dummy!"
Lilyanah will be beautiful no matter what eye color she ends up with!
Wendy, I love the 4 generation photo taken on mother's day, and I'm glad you had a good mother's day. Thank you for the beautiful jewlery that you have made for me. You are a sweet and talented lady and I am blessed to have you in my life as my neice. Love Always, Aunt Kathy
That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »
Post a Comment