Wednesday, March 14, 2007

We're having a . . . . .

I just realized I haven't told you whether we're having a little boy or a little girl. . . .
Oops! So, let the suspense be over. . . In less than 5 months we'll have another little girl. We've chosen a name. It's actually an ancient Celtic name but chances are you haven't heard it unless you've seen Four Feathers with Heath Ledger & Kate Hudson. . . . We're actually going between:
Juliet Evalina
(Evalina is a family name)
or
Ethne Louise
(Louise is a family name)

Ethne is pronounced like 'Beth' without the 'b' & then 'knee, so 'eth-knee'. I was looking the name up on the Internet & it actually said that
Ethne has never ever been on any countries top 1000 names lists. How hilarious is that!

Onto a different subject, I spoke with my oncologist today & he said that the MRI I had last Friday came back clear! YIPPEE! He didn't know if I would have to do another one before the baby is born, hopefully not. I have to say I much prefer the MRI over the CT scan. They do a painful shot into the muscle in your arm but there's no IV shooting radioactive material into your body so that's good. I don't know how long they're going to let me carry this little lady. At first I'm sure you remember my doctor said they wouldn't let me go beyond 36 weeks (I'm 22 weeks as of last Tuesday.) but I think they may let me go to 38 weeks since they've been able to do an MRI & didn't find any cancer. But, who knows!? (Only God!)
Our next appointment is next Wednesday (the 21st). I don't like that I'm a high-risk pregnancy but I do love getting to see our little girl every 3 weeks! She's moving a lot more too so I get to feel her little kicks & shifts, I love that.
I included some pictures of Lilyanah while we were down in Indio visiting Papa & Gigi. We all got SO sick (that is mom, me & Lilyanah). . . but our little girl never let's not feeling well get her down. We all laughed at how much her little outfit from cousin Carrie looks like an old-fashioned swimming suit! In this picture she was almost 13 months old & the outfit is for 3-6 months. Granted the first time she wore it, it went down to her sweet little ankles! Alright, enough for now, love you all! And if you will please, pray for an 'unknown' for us. I'll write an entry about it later, but it's so important to us that it's all covered in prayer.
Thank you, thank you! ~ Wendy.

5 comments:

Fox Family said...

I can't believe anyone else even remembered the name Ethne from that movie! When Kimi and I saw the Four Feathers in the theater when we were dating and thinking about our future together, we loved that name SO much that I literally wrote it down right there on the napkin I was using for my popcorn! That was even before you guys got married that year! We just thought it was wonderful and sounded elegant. We even had it in our top 5 names before we chose 'Makenna' last year but we left it on there for future use. Can you believe that you guys and us both had remembered that name and seriously contemplated naming our kids that? As far as I remember, we never even shared that name with you guys so that's quite funny that you guys came up with it too. I guess we are a lot alike, huh? Haha. If you wanted my opinion, if it weren't obvious already, I would totally choose Ethne over Juliet because it just sounds special... but I just know we'll love her no matter what her name is.

And yes, we are praying for your "unknown" as well. I truly hope God illuminates the path for you guys and that you follow it. Keep us updated, okay?

Ryan and Katie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It will be so fun for Lilyanah to have a sister! I love both names. I'm so excited for you and will be praying that you can carry her longer, that they cancer stays away, and for your unknown.

Anonymous said...

So it's another little girl! Congratulations to you all! Both names are very lovely. Juliet Evalina makes me think a bit of my name, and Ethne Louise is another "E" name--I like those. :) I am still praying for your health, the baby's health, and your family. I will now add your unknown as well. Please be praying for a very important unknown for me, too. Thanks.

Mindy, Peyton, and Brady Seeber said...

Congratulations on another little girl!!! We are so excited for you all. I bet the Lillyanna will love having a little sister. We will continue to pray for a healthy rest of your pregnancy and healthy delivery!! Love ya!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your little girl! I'm so excited to meet her! I'm sure she will be completely sweet and gorgeous and loveable, just like her mommy and big sis!

I hope your pregnancy continues to go well--we'll be praying for your health and for the other thing, too.