Monday, June 04, 2007

Goodbye Trees. . .

What a busy work weekend! I was invited to spend a day with my cousins & Aunt Dawn preparing a gourmet Italian meal, (My Aunt Dawn is a VERY talented cook & we always feel very honored whenever we get to enjoy her Italian dishes)! However, instead of spending a day in the kitchen with the girls I spent Saturday (& Sunday) outside with my amazingly sweet parents & husband (& Jeremy on Sunday). I'm not complaining because we accomplished the first stage of a HUGE project. About a month ago we had a bid done on what it would cost to cut down 9 trees in our backyard. . . guesses anyone? Try $3100. YIKES! We mentioned what we were wanting to do & what it was gonna cost in front of my 'do it yourself' dad who from that moment on insisted that he was going to help us cut down our trees. Mom & I both were very hesitant about having our men scaling 70 foot high trees & falling them VERY close to our house but dad never quit insisting & just ignored our saying, 'no thanks'. And now that we're done with the hardest part (getting them cutW down) & we're so thankful dad didn't listen to us! He really did an amazing job at falling them at the right spot & efficiently. It was only my parents, Will & me working & even at that one of us had to be inside taking care of Lilyanah except for when she was napping. I was pretty impressed at what a hard working family I have. Will wasn't crazy about his 8 1/2 month pregnant wife being out there working but like mom said, "I come from good stock". Sometime during the day Will got a splinter stuck REALLY deep in his right forearm so once we were done for the night we had to clean up quick & get him into the doctors to see if he could get it out. Both dad & mom tried to do it to no avail & I have the weakest stomach & couldn't even attempt it. So, at 8:30pm Corey & Kelsey came over to the house to stay there with Lilyanah, who was asleep, and Will & I headed out for the hospital. An hour & a half later after 2 numbing shots & the doctor digging at least 1/2" into Will's arm we were back on our way home for some much needed sleep! On Sunday Jeremy was just coming over for a quick visit when he got roped into helping & stayed until after 5pm. He was such a big help (thanks brother!) It amazes me how much we got accomplished. Most of the time Mom & I were loading branches into the truck & taking them to the mill where you can drop off wood for free. Dad & Jeremy got all the logs cut into either firewood pieces or 8' pieces that we'll have to cut next weekend. We still have A LOT more work to do but what a productive weekend! Of course I have to include at least one picture of Lilyanah so here she is playing on the picnic table her Pepa & Mema Tucker gave her for Easter. Some of the other poses she did were hilarious but they were too blurry. I hope you all had a GREAT weekend whether you worked or relaxed. We're really feeling the pressure of our second little girl's arrival & are trying to get as much done as possible before she makes her appearance. Just 16 more days until I go in to be induced! How do you make time slow down!? Love you all! ~ Wendy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We missed you on Saturday, Wendy, but it looks like you got a really big project done! I think Carrie said her family was coming back to Oregon in August, so we will plan to do it again then if not before. Now Carrie knows how long it takes to make homemade gnocchi, but it was delicious and worth the wait!

Dawn

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you accomplished so much in the yard. And I'm especially glad that you've done so well during your pregnancy and will soon be holding your second daughter in your arms! You're in my prayers!

Walt & Saundra said...

Hey Wendy! I can't wait to see pics of your newest little one on here!
Love you!
Saundra