
Will left about 5 minutes ago for his first official day of work. I almost took a picture but he was in quite a hurry so I refrained! I thought we were going to be done with being sick for awhile but it hit again Friday. Our poor, sweet Lilyanah has an awful cough & nearly constantly runny nose. I put a picture on here from around 11pm last night. The last two nights she's gone to sleep & woken herself up about 3 hours later coughing.

Will took care of her on Saturday night, it was really cute actually. He took the humidifier out in the living room & set up a fort around the armoire where the tv is so Lilyanah could get the benefits of the humidifier & watch her favorite cartoon, Veggie Tales. Have I told you she sings a line of the chorus. . . When I say sing the words, I mean that somewhat loosely. Though the melody is definitely recognizable. Anyway, last night we ended up outside to try to ease her cough. Will & Lilyanah cuddled up on the hammock with a blanket under & a blanket over to try to keep warm. What's crazy is that in the post titled "That Guy" the picture of Will & Lilyanah was taken last fall/winter when she had a 'croup-y' cough. So, of course I had to take a picture of them this year too. Lilyanah looks like she was happy, but that wasn't the case the entire time.

I think she just felt like she escaped sleep since she got to get up in the middle of the night! I cuddled with her & prayed over her for healing for awhile. Mom & I were talking yesterday about how little kiddos cuddle after they start to crawl & even less after they start to walk. Lilyanah likes cuddling when she's hurt, tired, sick, or uncomfortable in her surroundings. So, while Ethne still can't help but cuddle I'm going to enjoy every minute!
So, I've been meaning to get a picture of Ethne in this little outfit for awhile to post on this blog. It is my FAVORITE little sleeper that someone got for Lilyanah. It's from Baby Gap, is lined, has dolphins & fish for a pattern & has a matching little hat. A couple of days ago when I took that picture is the last time I'll try stuffing her little body into it! She's too long these days!!!! Have I said lately that our girls are growing up way too quickly!!!???

So, I'm wondering if any of you sweet people are the one who got Lilyanah the little sleeper that Ethne is wearing? I check out Baby Gap online a lot to see if they have any lined sleepers & haven't been able to find ANY! Anyway, there's one other subject I'm trying to do some detective work on that one of you may have a suggestion on.
I, with the help of my sweet mother-in-law, have begun a collection of Krinkles for Lilyanah, she gets a Krinkles ornament each year. . . I know I wrote about this last Christmas. Anyway, I'm trying to decide what to do for Ethne. So, I'm wondering if any of you have any suggestions? Well, it's time for me to sign off, I hope you all are having a wonderful Monday!. . . Can you believe it's suppose to hit 70 degrees tomorrow!!! YIPPEE! Love you all! ~Wendy.
4 comments:
Here is my suggestion for Ethne...There are some ornaments done called "Mary's Angels". I found them several years ago, and fell in love with them. You can usually get them at Hallmark, or obviously online. They're just little angels usually holding something or on something like a cloud. Very cute. Just my suggestion. =)
I LOVE Krinkles!!
I don't have any suggestion. I am just going to say that I feel your pain about the family being sick. I think that the air in Wichita is different from the air in York, because we seem to catch everything here. Anyway, I hope that you all are feeling better. Love ya!
Awww! Poor little Lilyanah! I hope she gets better fast--it's so hard when your baby is sick. Bennett's only been sick once, thank goodness, but it was so tough on him and on us.
I can't help you with the sleepers mystery or any collection suggestions, but I wish you good luck--and Ethne looks adorable in those jammies!
Bennett is starting to walk already (he's not even 9 months old yet, and he's taking up to a dozen steps unassisted--YIKES!), and my baby-cuddling time is drastically reduced. It makes me sad because he's always been a champion cuddler, but I'm proud of my little man and I want him to keep growing and learning, so I'll just have to deal. I still have him take his nap(s) on my lap, though--it keeps him asleep longer and gives me a chance to snuggle him.
Post a Comment