
Will's last day at his 'old' job was yesterday. We were suppose to have a couple of days off as his first official day at his new job is on Monday but my overachieving husband is on his way as I'm typing to Salem to attend some kind of regional meeting. It's a good opportunity for him to get to meet fellow workers & looks good for him to go in when he isn't required to. I can respect that, but selfishly I wish he was home spending a day with me & the girls. As it is, this instead will be my first time going to ladies Bible Class at church for awhile. And, child dependent, to go to ladies craft day again. Maybe I'll actually get something done, though doubtful since I'll have both the girls. Isn't it amazing how much time kiddos take? I'm not complaining, I am loving EVERY minute. It's going way too fast for my taste. Yesterday Lilyanah was 21 months old & in just 9 more days Ethne will hit 4 months!!!!!!
So, for the last couple of weeks my amazing, wonderful, sweet cousin Laura & I have been getting up at 5:15 am to get our exercising groove on. For the first week Ethne would wake up when I left & I'd come home 45 minutes later to my fabulous husband bouncing her trying to get her to go back to sleep. She's finally use to mommy leaving & will now stay asleep. It's nice, because I was starting to feel really bad that he was having to wake up so much earlier than he really needed to.

I find that the hardest time to cope with getting up at 5 in the morning is ironically not in the morning but the night before when I'm drifting off to sleep at 11pm. I keep telling myself I've got to get to bed earlier but to no avail. This is sadly the first morning I haven't crawled back in bed to try to get some more sleep. Honestly I just waste an hour laying there trying to wind down & end up getting about a half hour before Lilyanah wakes up. I heard something on Oprah lately (yes, I'm an Oprah show fan), that has inspired me to shake up my life a bit. . . A lady who took much more extensive measures than I, said that she looked at her life & realized it didn't reflect who she was. Pretty profound I think, don't you? I realized that I could honestly say that exact same thing for the most part & that's not okay to me. I'm not gonna pack up & go to the other side of the world or anything (like she did), but

will get up substantially earlier than usual & take some time to reacquaint myself with my Bible & our Lord, to take care of my spirit & body than so be it. And I have chosen all of you, my faithful friends & readers to help hold me accountable. You don't have to call me at 5 in the morning or anything, just letting you know about it is accountability to me.
I hear a little voice on the monitor & I'm pretty sure she isn't talking in her sleep so let me close by explaining a couple of the pictures. This past Tuesday we & the Kronewitter family had our first 'family night' together. Laura & I decided it was ridiculous that we live so close & get together with our kids so rarely. So, every Tuesday we're going to switch off houses & get together to let the girls play, have dinner & then go to the family story time at the local library. This Tuesday it was at our home & we spent so much time making the yummiest chicken nuggets EVER from scratch (from a recipe out of the Deceptively Delicious book by Jessica Seinfield) & decided not to stress to try to get to the library. Next week will prep better & get it all done. Anyway, I took some pictures to document the event. Lilyanah had a really hard time at first sharing things (DRAMA!)

but as the night wore on she adjusted & had a great time playing with her cousin Violet especially. It was pretty much Lilyanah & Hazel following Violet around. . . Good times!!! The other picture which looks like Will was thinking "Wendy, I've got to get out the door, hurry up with the picture taking!!!" is of him about to walk out the door on his first unofficial day of work at Waste Connections. So, I want to leave you with a couple of questions. . . Does your life reflect you? Deep I know, but I think we need to get deep sometimes so we don't just go through the motions & lose ourselves in the process. You can get as detailed in your comment as you want, I always love reading about your lives in the comments & in your blogs for those of you who do that! I love you all!!! ~Wendy.
5 comments:
I'm so proud of you and your 5 am new habits! And since I live in an earlier timezone, now I don't have to worry about waking you up if I call in the morning!! ;)
I turn into a cranky, headachey monster if I get up that early, and my insomnia doesn't let me go to bed early or take naps. That's my excuse to skip exercising--but when Bennett is older, I plan to institute Mom & Monkey hula-hooping time. (You should try hula-hooping--it's great cardio and it really strenghtens your core and trims your waist, plus it's the chearest exercise equipment ever.)
As for your question, I have fallen into the trap of letting urgent things take my focus away from the really important things. I don't really know how to fix it, because those urgent things won't really wait, but I know it's important to live the way I want to (and should) live.
That should be "strengthens" and "cheapest." It's hard to type with a wiggly baby on your lap!
Congratulations on setting some great goals, Wendy! Taking care of two little ones is exercise, too, so don't worry too much if you skip a day at this point!
My life didn't always reflect what I wanted it to, but seven years of serious health problems helped that to change for the better. I think that growth is a life-long process, but I've definitely grown a lot the past few years and I praise God for helping me to align my life more with what I want it to be, which is more like Christ.
Yahoo for going to the library! See you Tuesday night!
Post a Comment