Sunday, April 20, 2008

March & into April

Wow, I just skipped right over March! Thank you to all of you who still take the time to check this. . . I know updates are FEW & FAR BETWEEN! Also, before I forget, if any of you read the comments I have no idea who Adam Brown is. I think the 'telemarketing' has crossed over to blogs now!
In the last month SO much has happened! Our guy turned 29 on the 6th of April, so now he's really kissing 30! We're so thankful that God blessed us with this amazing man! Gigi was sweet enough to have our family over for a special birthday dinner & dad furnished the birthday cake! Time with Will is precious always but especially now because he's having to travel so much for work.They're hoping to have him make the transition to full-time at Twin Falls within the next 3 weeks. He's already out there so much! He was there last Monday through Wednesday & leaves again tomorrow until the following Monday. Tomorrow he should FINALLY find out what they're offering for a 'relocation incentive package'.This company has always gone above & beyond what we ask for so we feel confident that Twin Falls is inevitable. We've been so busy working on the house! Dad put in a lot of hours helping out until he went in for surgery on his back last Wednesday.
Papa's also been helping a GREAT deal! He's over all but one day a week helping on framing or drywall or whatever needs to be done. Corey has also been helping a GREAT deal & his help has been priceless! Will & I are so appreciative to all of them for helping out. Kelsey even made an appearance yesterday & tried her hand at a drill for the first time (way to go Kels!)You really can't tell much from the picture but it's been a pretty extensive remodel. Will installed the recessed lighting (& did a phenomenal job if I may add!) You can see them on the ceiling, everything else is down to the studs!The picture was taken looking through a new doorway to the left of the fireplace that use to be a wall where the piano sat! The kitchen is now a lot more open to the rest of the house which I love!!! Anyway, a thanks also to Gigi & mom who have watched the girls so that I can go over & help with whatever needs to be done at the house. I think we started the project about a month ago & since demo'ing the kitchen we've been living with Mom & Dad. We started the project pretty quickly & weren't expecting to move out so fast but there's so much dust & no kitchen so we really didn't have a choice. Mom & Dad have been so gracious & are letting us stay with them until the work on the house is done, though it looks like we may be making the transition around the same time.
Ethne is crawling & pulling herself up on everything she can, including her big sister. Lilyanah isn't the biggest fan of being a 'leaning post' but for the most part she's patient. I love the look Ethne gets on her face when she pulls herself up. She's so proud of herself! Before we know it she'll be walking & nothing will be safe!
I'm amazed that you all haven't given up on me updating this blog! I promise to write more once we make the transition to Idaho, I won't be so busy! Busy still I'm sure but not AS busy. Thank you for all your prayers for our family & all the decisions we have to make in these next couple of months. I'll keep you in the loop as things come together! Love you all! ~Wendy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the update and pictures. Our grandchildren are so beautiful and our son is too. Jim can't wait to get back from Iraq so he can come and see them. Love MeMaw and Pepaw

Ryan and Katie said...

I have missed your posts but you have a valid excuse. I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers!!

Unknown said...

I'm on practically the same posting schedule as you these days, and you have a much better excuse for your lag-time.

I know it's going to be tough for you to be so far away from your family, but I hope living in Idaho turns out to be a really good experience for you. It's not home, but it's not too bad. =)

I hope we'll get to see you more often now that we'll be "neighbors!" Make sure your family knows that we're happy to be a pit stop if the drive is too long to make all in one day--I'd love an excuse to visit with any Craig that comes this way, and to repay all the hospitality you've all shown me over the years.

Good luck with all the craziness you're going to be dealing with in the next several weeks!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, you and your family have been in my prayers often the past couple months. I knew you had so much to accomplish and a lot of transitioning. I'm sure your parents are so grateful to have you living with them for a while since you'll be farther away soon. Treasure it as a gift from God! I'll pray that the next few weeks go smoothly.

Walt & Saundra said...

yeah for updates!! :)