Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Week One in Idaho. . .

Monday the 16th Papa, Gigi, the girls & I loaded up into their little Honda Civic for a 12 hour drive to Twin Falls, Idaho. The drive isn't usually that long but with 2 little girls who need to stop every once in awhile to get out & move around it was a bit longer than we expected! I'm putting some pictures up from the end of the week after we'd unloaded just about every box & even found some places for things on the walls. We were amazed at how much we got done, but then again Papa & Gigi were involved & when something needs to be done they don't dilly-dally about it! We had such an amazing time getting to see Will numerous times every single day! We all felt like it was a little piece of heaven. Will came home for lunch, something he hasn't been able to do since we were first married & living in Washington D.C. The girls just went crazy every time he walked through the door. Not only that but we got to see him for at least 3 hours every evening without staying up until midnight! That time is truly why we made this move & I'm so thankful that God is giving us all that time together. Of course it made it harder to leave the following Monday when we did. We all had a week of being spoiled! It's no fun having your heart in 2 places. The last time I felt like that was when Lilyanah was in the NICU & Will & I had to stay in a hotel across the street. That was no fun & neither is this! But it is for a short season & sooner than we know it we'll be in Idaho having left parts of our hearts here with family & friends. Anyway, it's late so the first house picture is of the front of the house which is a little too contemporary for me! I liked the inside & backyard enough to look past the contemporary house front. Anyway, the next pictures are of the great room, the first taken near the entry & the other taken in the dining room. The last one is of course the backyard, which we love. Things are still kinda a mess but at least it gives an idea of what it looks like. I'm also including a picture of our girls during one of their baths in their bathroom. Love you all! ~Wendy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi this is KayLyn.I think that lily and Ethne are so cute

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful week! It sounds like it was a taste of the good times to come again when you're together as a family everyday. How great!

Unknown said...

Wow! You got a LOT accomplished in a week! I'm impressed. You (and your grandparents) ROCK!

I like your new house. Looks like it has a great floor plan for family time together. And your back yard is great! Yay!

Are you and the girls staying with your parents until your house sells? Or do you have a set date for when you're permanently joining Will? Next time you're driving over, plan to make one of your leg-stretching stops at our house. The girls can run and play with Bennett, and I can give my sweet friend a hug! =)

The Durham Family said...

Your new home looks so nice. It will be great when you all can be together as a family. That is really hard to be apart. Love you!!

Korie said...

Your house is beautiful, and your happy heart makes it a little easier to let you go. Nothing is better than being with family. Thank goodness so much of your family will still be in Newberg so our family can see you too!
Love, Korie

Walt & Saundra said...

Congratulations!

Walt & Saundra said...

Hey Wendy! Thanks for your comment, I miss you! Your new house looks great. I'm so proud of you! The girls are getting so big!