Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Countdowns

Isn't it crazy how much time we spend counting down to something?
For me, I think it all started with Christmas. Then again, what kid doesn't count down to Christmas!? I guess the one's who don't celebrate it. . . oops. Anyway, there were always countdowns to birthdays, the first day of school, the last day of school, graduation, college, first dates, weddings, reunions. . . . vacations, deadlines, parties, pregnancy is an entire countdown in itself.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with countdowns, personally I love having something to look forward to. I just wonder if sometimes we miss the ride because we're too busy looking to what's next. I remember when I was pregnant with Lilyanah wanting so badly to meet her, to be through the pregnancy so she was in our arms. But I had to keep on telling myself, "this is your last one-on-one time with Will. As much as you want to meet this little one kicking like crazy inside of you, this time is PRECIOUS & you won't have it again until the kids go off to college." Of course then I got really sick. . . but we did cherish that time & made the most of it.
I guess it's just ironic to me that the hardest time for us to live in is the present. We have an easy time of looking back, contemplating roads we never should have taken & others we wish we had. And it's way easy to live in the future. To make plans for breaths we aren't guaranteed we'll ever get to take. I just hope we can all find the balance of learning from our past, being wise about our future & enjoying the processes of our countdowns in the present.

I am very happy to say that I reached the end of my chemo countdown. Now it's just a matter of how long it will take for the hairs to repopulate the top of my head! Just so you know my current countdowns are: in 3 days Lilyanah will be 5 months old. . . in 1 month I'm heading out to Oklahoma with Miss Lilyanah for a visit with friends, family & Kelly Killian's wedding & lastly, in I think 60 days Corey & Kelsey are getting married. (I'm spending a lot of my time helping Kelsey with wedding details).

I hope you have some very fun countdowns going on right now.
This time I'm going to ask 3 questions so that if you can't think of an answer to one, you can choose another. . . What has been your most unique countdown? . . . . What countdowns do you have going on currently? . . . . . What has been your favorite countdown?
I love you all & thank you for your continuing prayers. Wendy.

6 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I always countdown to my birthday. The biggest countdown was probably to my wedding. We had an account on TheKnot.com and it told you how many days until the big day. Right now I am not counting down to anything....maybe I should to vacation time though! Can't wait to see you next month!

Anonymous said...

My countdown right now is a happy and sad one. Happy because we just bought our first house and I'm excited to get into it and make it my own. But sad because it's in Idaho, far away from our family and friends. Love you. Carrie

Anonymous said...

My big countdown is 10 days until D Day.... delivery day. I have a week and a half, give or take a day or 2 until my next baby girl. Also my birthday is 26 days away. =)

Anonymous said...

I think my next countdown matches my sister-in-laws. I'm waiting for another beautiful neice. Then the next is to my house - Shawn and I are buying a house and it will be finished at the end of August.

A side note . . . Wendy I'm so glad you write this blog. Your writings are so inspirational and it's been so nice to know how you have been and the things you've been through. I have been praying for you for months and I am so glad things are better for you. You make us all realize how blessed we all our.

Take care-Becky

Erin said...

Tomorrow I have a job interview at 10 a.m. I am counting down to that. This last month I counted down to the last day of school (until September) and to our trip to London. This month, July, I counted down to the day we would move back to Oregon, to the day we would get to close on our townhouse and I am still on the countdown to when I might found out I am pregnant ... but this month I know for sure that I am not. It could be worse, as you said, I have more time to enjoy sleep and my husband all to myself. Love, Erin

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! ellen tracy handbags  + luscious latte Pay cingular bill on line distributor security sole systems wholesaler Ameature milf fioricet Rhinoplasty graphs and statistics call center software