Laura, Lilyanah & Violet sporting a 'too cute' homemade tail from her daddy!Laura is a little over 2 weeks away from having her second little girl, doesn't she look great!
The most unique pet we ever had was not the ducks, or the turtle, or the gerbils, it was a chameleon who was the size of my pinky when we got her. (including her tail). To prove how awful I am at naming things, I named her Trinket. She was the most low-maintenence pet I've ever had!

My Papa's nickname for me was Wendy-the-Pooh, Corey called me Wend-o-sill, numerous people occasionally call me 'Wendy-Bird' & some 'Wendy-lady' (from Peter Pan). Some call me 'Wend', Mom occasionally calls me Wendy-Penelope. Will usually just calls me 'baby' but lately he's taken to 'Fuzz' because of the blond fuzzy head I currently have. Never have I been so blond & hopefully never will I be again!
When I was little I was so afraid of monsters under my bed that at night I would gather all of my stuffed animals & extra pillows & line them up in piles on the outside of my bed to protect me. Thinking back I had WAY too many stuffed animals.
This pic was taken at the guys first game on the 8th. Will is first baseman in the picture, Carrie's husband David is the catcher #4. Our guys beat the other team 25 to 23. A little closer than we like to see, but it was still a win!We had an outdoor pool that was later made into an indoor pool, and then filled in & made into the 'pool room', but when it was a pool we would have all sorts of pool parties. Jeremy played football & I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it when all of his football friends came over for just such an occasion! Of course I was such a shy young thing I would stay in my room the entire time they were over! Great strategy on my part! Anyway, one summer I discovered doing flips underwater & did them so much I ended up out at camp with my grandparents with swimmer's ear, ICK, very painful & not something I want to get ever again!
Every single time that my brothers got spankens I would go to my room & cry. Telling me you were disappointed in me did more than any spanken ever could, still does.
Spring break of my junior year in college I was bucked off of a horse & broke my left arm. The hospital my dear friends drove me to was a half hour away in Paris. . . . . Texas unfortunately, (have any of you seen the SpongeBob where he & his friend talk about 'stupid Texas', I was rolling!) Anyway, other than that I've had stitches in my pointer finger from cutting it with a pie server (yeah, that's talent) & one stitch in my tongue. That's a story for another time!

This picture is from the volleyball game at Kelsey's 21st birthday party last Friday (the 9th). She's the girl in white on the far left. Her dad, Matt, is right behind her.
In July my parents will have lived in their house for 25 years which means I was only 4 years old when we moved there. Back before my grandparents built their house next door there were two plum trees in the field that is now my grandparents house. Every time the trees would ripen Jeremy, Corey & I would climb up in their branches & pick the purple ones, the other tree had yellow plums that we didn't dare to try. After wiping off the dirt we would separate them down the middle with our fingernails & eat them one after the other till our tummies were content. I never remember experiencing the consequences, if you know what I mean. . . I miss those plum trees!
This last picture is from our guys first softball game of the season on the 8th. Some of you may recognize Laura on the far left, & Randie use-to-be Seeber on the front row. Carrie is in the green. I apologize for the ugly face I'm making. Sometimes I get tired of smiling for pictures & regress back to childhood!So those are just some of my random memories. . . . Lilyanah just got home from her doctor appointment, she's almost 24 inches long weighs 10lbs 12 oz & is sleeping because she had some icky shots!
My question for you all today is more of a request for you to share some of your random memories.
Love you all & thanks to those who take time to share! I LOVE your comments! ~wendy.

3 comments:
I loved reading all of these memories! And I don't think it's fair that Laura looks better than me AND SHE'S 9 MONTHS PREGNANAT!
I sometimes call you Wendolyn because I'm silly like that.
I'm heading out to Camp Yamhill in a week, and that never fails to bring back memories from long-ago camps. The first or second year I counseled, we had a Counselor Hunt, and Corey and Jeremy found me (that, or they just acted like they did so they could torture me). As their prize, they got to throw me in the river. Brats. Let's just say, they got as wet as I did, and they deserved it.
I remember when Wendy and Laura were in my cabin the first year I counseled. Cute little Wendy spent half her Free Time crafting the perfect side ponytail--it WAS the 80s, after all; and Laura was too homesick to sleep in the cabin--lucky her sweet Grandma Ruthie lived just up the path! When Carrie was in my cabin later, I think she spent the night at Grandma's, too. I got a little complex because the Isenberg girls didn't trust me to protect them while they slept! (Actually, their instincts were right on--I sleep really hard!)
I remember when Corey was at 5th & 6th grade camp and he'd go around to all the girl junior counselors and check to be sure they had lipstick on, then he'd demand that they kiss him so he could parade around camp with lipstick prints all over his face. He was the cutest! (Still is.)
I remember when I went out to visit Kelsey at Jr. Teen camp and she was shocked and impressed to discover that an old fogey like me actually knew who Will Smith was. (She still thinks I'm nerdy and old, but I love her anyway.)
Sorry I took up your whole comments section, Wen. You should know better than to ask for memories/stories when I'm somewhere nearby!
Hi, Wendy!
Randie (Seeber) Patterson referred me to your blog. I read through it and was SO touched by your faith through the hardships you have had over the past year. Please know that I have added your blog to my "Favorites" and will keep you in my prayers as you continue to recover.
I LOVED reading about your family. They are BEAUTIFUL!
I have always held a special place in my heart for you and will never forget you or the Craig family.
Please email me when you have a chance and please tell your mom, dad, Corey and Jeremy I said "hello"! Love, Karla (McNary) Feeney
dkafeeney@yahoo.com
Wendy,
I've been out of town on vacation and just caught up on your blog. I praise God that you are doing well and are able to help with wedding plans--fun! Some of my favorite memories have to do with weddings: I was a flower girl in my uncle's wedding when I was 4, I was a candlelighter in my aunt's wedding when I was 11, I was a brides maid in three of my sisters' weddings (so far!), and I was a brides maid in my friend's wedding in Canada, just north of Niagara Falls. The Canadian wedding was outdoors in the heat of July, and we walked barefoot down a grassy aisle. It was beautiful and fun! For the rehearsal dinner the evening before, we took a hay ride through the farm fields and into a forest where, in a clearing, a shish kabob cookout was waiting for us. We ate around the fire and then sang devo songs. It was amazing!
I'm thankful for you and your family. Have a wonderful 4th!
Love,
Evelyn
Post a Comment