
What a beautiful, sweet baby God has blessed us with! In 10 short days she'll be 5 months old! Time really flies doesn't it!? It doesn't seem possible that 5 months ago today we were admitted into the hospital. . . shortly followed by having a 7 week premie, & finding out we had cancer, in my body of course. And now, it's over for the most part. Yesterday marked my last (Lord willing) chemo treatment, I can't tell you what a sweet thought it is to know I don't have to go to the hospital for that anymore!
Lilyanah is just growing longer & "talking" more & getting so strong. I cannot thank you all enough for all of the prayers you have said to our Almighty Healer on our behalf. He sure did answer your prayers & without delay. Our daughter & I are healthy & strong because of those prayers & truth be told I will never be able to thank any of you enough! Don't you just love the the soft approach of summer!? I love the smell in the air & the feeling of the sun dancing on my skin. I have to admit it's even nice to feel the rays on my bald head! I love driving with my windows down singing loudly to the radio. Soon I'll enjoy the wind blowing through my hair again. . . I miss the thunderstorms in Oklahoma. I lived there for a culmination of 5 years. I am absolutely not a fan of the humidity, except for at night time I remember it felt like a blanket wrapped around me. That was nice.
July 4th we're having a come & go celebration at my parents house. Celebratin
g the indepence of our country & our independence from cancer. I'm looking forward to joining the human race again & seeing friends & family. Most July 4th's I spent at my parents house letting off fireworks in the middle of the cul-de-sac. After I graduated in '95 I spent the fourth standing in the ocean at Waikiki watching fireworks going off over the ocean. Sophomore year at Oklahoma Christian a friend (who must remain anonymous) & I climbed on top of the gym roof & watched numerous different fireworks going off around the city. Four years ago Will watched them in Washington D.C. with his family, I bet that was amazing! While I, with some friends crawled on the roof of the apartment building n
ext to mine in downtown Oklahoma City & laid on some blankets while we watched at least 5 different firework shows going on. Two years ago Will & I spent it at Mount Rushmore, though they do the fireworks on the 3rd! Isn't that bizarre? The picture of Corey with a tiny little fish was from a fourth of July weekend the family spent at Lake Billy Chinook, and this one of us playing volleyball was last year. Everyone's standing around because the ball had once again been hit into the canyon behind our house & we were waiting for whoever was retrieving it. . . .So my question for all of you is, where are some interesting places you celebrated our country's Indpendence Day? Or, where would you like to celebrate it?
Well, dinner time at Gigi's calls. . . I hope you all are having a GREAT week! ~Wendy.

7 comments:
Wendy,
I just love to read your entries, they are so positive and inspiring, just like you are! Hope to see you and the family when I come to Newberg for a short visit the end of this month. With love from South Carolina - The Elston's
Nothing beats the fireworks in DC on the 4th but you have to get there EARLY for good seats. That was my favorite 4th that I remember.
Last year, Kimi and I had the chance to watch the Thunderbirds from the USAF do their flying stunts just about a hundred feet right above our heads! It was one of the coolest memories of a 4th of July that I've ever had. There have been MANY and most are memorable, but last years was the best so far. Click Here to view a pic from that day. :) I also made a video of that day from the clips I took with my mom's camera. It's about 3 minutes long so check it out when you get a chance. Good times!
I love the pictures, as usual. And your family's BBQ sounds like it will be a blast.
You know, I've always enjoyed the big ol' fireworks display they put on at Fort Vancouver. Very impressive. It looks like we will be having the opportunity to view the D.C. fireworks for a few years. (You can read my most recent post for more details.)
Oh, Wen, did you get the email I sent a while back with my phone number and stuff? I've been having a few computer problems, so I'm just making sure it didn't get lost with the others that day.
Wendy, This year I got to spend the 4th in England. We watched The Pirates 2 two days early because my husband talked the manager at the theater into letting our group in for an early showing. We sang The Star Spangled Banner together in the nearly-empty theater.
Erin Boxell
best regards, nice info wax for faded paint on car Mesotherapy in oklahoma Homeowners insurance agency oh us wireless plans comparison Patanol toys Farmer&aposs insurance payment center Us contact lenses Wiring diagrams for selca car alarms Hummer hx
Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »
Post a Comment