So, because I have been so neglectful with this blog I am going to have to do another update entry! The first pictures are from Father's Day. For Father's Day Lilyanah & I decided to surprise Will with a weekend near Multnomah Falls. We picked him up from work the Friday before Father's Day & headed to a great little bed & breakfast right across from Bridal Veil Falls. We spent the weekend hiking to different falls. It was such a great way to spend the weekend before we thought we were going to get to meet Ethne.
Of course most of you know the story, we had the amniocentisis done on the 20th & they found that her little lungs weren't ready yet. I haven't told you all though how God answered our prayers by putting off our being induced. That week the hospital where we had her had a staph infection go through the NICU where Ethne would probably have had to spend a little time. At least one baby died and another came really close. So, what a blessing it was not to have Ethne in a position where she could have been exposed! God knows best doesn't He!
The induction was postponed until 12am Friday the 29th. But, as I said before that God never lets us make the plans, He surprised us with a call Tuesday saying we could come in at midnight on the 27th instead. And you know the rest of the story. Ethne was born 13hours after we were admitted into the hospital. This is just a sweet picture of
Lilyanah playing over at her Gigi & Papa's. And a picture of Lilyanah holding Ethne. She really does a good job of being gentle with her (most of the time!) Of course I had to stick a couple of pictures of the girls in here. The picture of Ethne is from her first bath at home. She took it in the sink in a rubbermaid container. And she LOVED it! Lilyanah has always loved baths too, the only part she doesn't like is when she has to get out! So, I'm going to end this blog entry by telling you all what
a sweet husband I have. Last night while I was putting Lilyanah down for the night my husband was busy at work cleaning the kitchen up. Isn't it amazing ladies, what a blessing it is when our guys take care of things that because they did we don't have to. I was kinda dreading having to head back into the kitchen to clean up dinner (turkey burgers, yum yum!) so it was heaven when I saw him finishing up loading the last dish.
I thought it was a good opportunity to put some pictures of our kitchen on the blog. I've still been catching some slack for not having posted pictures of the house. I know it's just the kitchen, but it's a start, right? Well, I have to head over to the house to meet the air conditioning guy. . . Our a/c doesn't work so we're spending the day over at Mom & Dad's. 100 degrees is way too hot to be in a house without a/c. Will thinks 
80 degrees is too hot to be in a house without a/c! So, just out of curiousity, what are some of your favorite childhood memories of summer? Other than not having to go to school of course! Love you all & hope you're having a GREAT day! ~ Wendy.

4 comments:
Well I haven't had a chance to talk to you much, but Mom and Grandad, and I are looking forward to coming out in August! Ethne is beautiful as well as Lilyanah. As far as childhood memories. I remember BJ and I pulling weeds in Texas heat all summer. We would pull for 10 minutes and then jump in the play pool. We put the swingset ladder into the pool so we could slide on in. Those were the days! He BJ I got some more weeds if you wan to join me pulling them. :) Sis
I think Ethne looks so much like you! She kind of looks like Corey in the bath tub pic. :)
Wendy, thank you for taking the time to write! I'm impressed. It is such a blessing to keep up with you and your family. The pictures of the girls in this post and the last are so beautiful--what a joy they must be.
One of my favorite childhood summertime memories is going berry-picking. Yum!
Your kitchen reminds me of the little house at the ranch! I love it! You did a great job.
The girls are absolutely adorable.
Love you bunches!
Post a Comment