Thursday, July 05, 2007

Independence Day

I hope you all had a great fourth of July! We had a very low key day, just chillin' at my parents house. It was such a hot day but it gave Lilyanah a chance to play in the pool dad got her, this time with water in it! She had a great time!! Whoever spent time with her out there ended up nearly as wet as she was! I actually spent some time at the hospital with Ethne. Nothing was wrong, she's been a little jaundice'y' so I wanted to have her checked out. What got me to take her in though was that I weighed myself & then picked her up & weighed again & there was only a 4 lbs difference.

She was 6 lbs when I brought her home & I was afraid she'd lost 2 lbs! We just went to get her weighed before & after eating & had a nurse look at her to see if her jaundice was serious or not. They were really busy so we were there for a couple of hours. It was such a beautiful day & the view outside the waiting room window is beautiful! For all of you who don't know, Newberg is in a valley & the hills surrounding are still fairly untouched by houses & such & it's just GORGEOUS! By the time we got back everyone had finished lunch & dad made us all banana milkshakes before we headed outside for a little photo session with the girls. The outfits they're wearing are their 'coming home' outfits'. I love those vintage clothes! We tried having Lilyanah hold Ethne but that didn't work so well! She really is so sweet with her. She always wants to touch her & give her kisses! She is having a little bit of a hard time with sharing attention, but that's to be expected & I know it's just for a time & a season! Will's been so great with Lilyanah & helped with the transition! It's time for our sweet little Ethne to eat again, it seems like one of the girls is always eating! It's not so bad unless they need to eat at the same time! Motherhood is such a balancing act! But we couldn't love our girls more & feel so blessed that God has entrusted these precious angels to our care! And just so you all know I should be having my CT scan in the next couple of weeks they have to wait until my uterus gets a little smaller so they can actually see my intestines! I'll keep you updated on that too! Until next time, we love you all & thanks so much for your prayers & well wishes! ~ Wendy.

4 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Thanks for the pics!! They are both beautiful!

Walt & Saundra said...

Happy belated 4th of July! The girls are absolutely precious. I can't wait to see Ethne in person! When are you planning your next trip to Oklahoma? ;)
Love and miss you!
Saundra

Fox Family said...

Ethne is absolutely beautiful!! She looks a LOT like her lovely mom!! Congrats you guys! We can't wait to meet her and see Lilyanah again! Great pics! We love you all!

Mindy, Peyton, and Brady Seeber said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you!! Ethne is beautiful. I love the picture of the two girls!