
I can't believe I didn't write about our day last Saturday! Of course I had my camera but took absolutely NO pictures so I thought I'd put a 3 generation picture up from the hospital. Anyway, on Saturday Will & I headed up to Washington to visit some friends & go to a wedding. But before we left my dad found Will's wedding ring that had been MIA for over 2 years!!!!! I never thought we'd see it again & was so pleasantly surprised that he found it. I guess it was in a really obscure place in the trunk of my parents' car somewhere in the cd player. Random, I know! So that was good thing #1. Secondly we got to visit with some friends in Woodland, the Graham family. Justin & Tammy just had their second baby a couple of months ago (Josiah Ross Graham). He's one good lookin' baby & is lucky to have a sweet, beautiful, big sister, Jaylee. It was our first time getting to meet the kiddos & we had a very relaxing, nice visit. Afterwards we headed to Rachel (used-to-be) Alloway's wedding at the Vancouver church of Christ. What a beautiful new building & even more importantly, what a beautiful wedding! Rachel is an amazing woman & met a guy who truly loves the Lord! What more can we ask for our dear friends! This was our first outing with the girls since coming home from the hospital (other than church). We spent a half hour after the wedding sitting in the car getting the girls changed & Ethne fed. Good times. After Will had changed Lilyanah's diaper, I quickly wrapped it up & put it in the garbage, but she had taken some extra wipes out of the container & picked up a clean one. Will apparently didn't know it was clean because when he saw her with it, he got all panicked & said, "WHERE DID YOU GET THAT!!!!?" I, being the sweet wife that I am, started to laugh at him. To which he replied, "You have no idea what it's like to be the father of two little girls." He's priceless! Lilyanah was so good at the wedding. She fell asleep about 2 minutes after we left the Graham's house & woke up as soon as we pulled into the church parking lot (only 30 minutes later). That was the extent of her napping for the day! She would have probably slept through the wedding but her aunt Kelsey was there so she sat with her, playing with her cell phone & such. After the wedding, though, there were four little boys in tuxedos crawling down the aisle, picking up the artificial rose petals that the flower girls had thrown. I looked down to see Lilyanah picking up petals, too, & putting them in the bag. The next thing I knew she had the bag wrapped on her arm & was running down the aisle to the oldest boy to let him put some petals in the bag. How she got a hold of the bag I'll never know but it was the most adorable thing! Usually she's shy, so I was surprised & wish I'd pulled the camera out, but no.

I'll end with a rather humiliating story about our pugs. Yesterday I was calling them to come back inside the house & saw them standing by our neighbor's fence, both barking with hair standing straight up on their backs. We still have piles of wood in our backyard so I couldn't see what they were barking at. Titus came running when I called the second time, but Gideon wouldn't move, so I slipped on my flip-flops & went to see what he was so concerned about. It was a cat, lying about 4 feet in front of him just swatting her tail back & forth like she couldn't have been any less scared. One 'scat' from me & she ran away but I felt so sorry for my poor dogs not being able to scare the kitty cat out of our yard. That had to hurt their little egos! Again, I wish I'd had my camera handy! Anyway, just some silly things happening to the Mathias family. Thanks to those of you who shared some fun childhood memories. I've been thinking about my childhood a lot lately. I guess because we now have two little girls that I only hope we can give half as many good memories as I have of my childhood. Question? Any silly pet stories you'd like to share? Love you all!
3 comments:
I love that..."You have no idea what it's like to be the father of two little girls!" I wonder what he'll be thinking when they're two TEENAGE girls!
Love you!
Saun
I can't believe the ring was found! That's so crazy!! My funny pet story is when I got back from Thanksgiving break my roomie had gotten a chihuahua. She was sooo tiny and soo cute. I was playing with the puppy in my room and I could tell she was hunkering down to do her bizness so I lifted her up with one hand and knew I didn't have time to go outisde with her so I searched for the garbage can to hold her over it, but it was too late, I turned around and noticed I was holding her right over my open suitcase too :) Good times. If we ever get a dog I'm sur ethere will be lots of stories :)
Hi Wendy, just wanted to say congrats on your new Ethne. What beautiful girls you have. I'm glad you're all doing well. We're expecting our baby girl in November! I've enjoyed reading about your life now!
Shelly
Post a Comment