Saturday, July 14, 2007

Our shining stars!


The girls are now officially famous. Today they put their prints in concrete on my parents front porch. I think the prints add a lot of equity to their property. Neither of the girls liked the experience but they'll appreciate it later. When we were kiddos dad bought a HUGE satellite dish & we put our hand prints in the concrete around the post. The satellite dish is gone but since the post is still there we're pretty sure the prints are still there just underneath a lot of dirt! Jeremy's little bitty baby hands are still in the concrete porch of my parents first house here in Newberg. Dad said he thinks he pushed them down about 1/2" so they aren't going anywhere! The whole reason there was concrete to put their hands in was because dad & 'the gang' poured a slab out behind the shed. Papa, Corey, & Will were all here to help. My dad LOVES concrete! We're pretty sure he'll keep pouring until all the grass is gone & the whole yard is concrete. We tease that if he & Gigi had their way the yard would be all flower beds & concrete. It seems like every season Gigi pushes a little bit further into the grass to make her flower beds a little bigger. We of course joke about it in love! So, while the guys were out working hard we women folk got to relax inside in the air conditioning. Here's my precious mom with my precious daughter. Lilyanah is pretty possessive of mom's time so she only really gets to hold Ethne whenever Lilyanah is sleeping or occupied playing with someone else. It was a full day! Will & I started it out stacking some of the wood piled in our yard, then there was the concrete & now my sweet little brother & his wife are over at my parents & we're all visiting. It's a good day. And now, Ethne needs me. What a beautiful blessing! Love you all! ~Wendy.

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Cute! Make me want to pour concrete somewhere for me and Ryan to put our hands in :) Maybe I"ll wait until we have kids to do that though :)

Walt & Saundra said...

I love the prints in the concrete! My Dad did that with my nephews in front of his new shop. :)
And yes, I've been craving a good back rub too! And throwing up more and more...I woke up last night and threw up, and when I went back to bed I told Walt how glad I was that our baby was opinionated about it's diet! :)