Wednesday, July 18, 2007

SURPRISE suppose-to-be birthday party!


So, I added some pictures from Ethne's party. . . Here she is with the cake her grandpa bought her & Lilyanah laughing dancing around the living room. . . (the video was too dark to see)
First let me say the pictures currently on here have nothing to do with the content of this blog entry. The first one is from the first time Lilyanah fell asleep in the middle of eating & the second one is a before picture of the kitchen (to see an after picture check out 'Another update' from July 10th).
So, last night Lilyanah & I played in the water (in the kitchen sink) while I made dinner. I took the opportunity to sit down on the chair with her after putting the enchilada's in the oven. I should have foreseen what would happen next, but remember I'm still a rookie at this mommy thing. . . I'd already told her once that the water has to stay in the sinks & not on the floor but that didn't cover her attempts to get it into the sink. Needless to say I ended up sitting in a puddle of water with my pants soaked down to my ankles! It took 3 towels to soak up all the water on the chair & the floor, but Lilyanah loved it. She went straight from that water wonder land to her favorite, the bathtub. We got her bathed & fed & after a book, some songs & a prayer she was down for the night. (Not asleep but well on her way). When what to our wondering ears should appear. . but a knock on the front door. Kasey (my little brother's dog) was the first to pounce into the house when I opened the door, quickly followed by Corey & Kelsey. They said they were here to celebrate Ethne's suppose-to-be birthday since yesterday was her due date. I guess my parents had tried calling us when I was putting Lilyanah 'to sleep' to tell us they were all coming over @ 8pm with cake & ice cream. I decided to check on Lilyanah to see if she had drifted off to la la land in the last 5 minutes. She looked a little confused to see me looking over her crib at her, kinda like 'Mommy, I wasn't crying. . why are you here?' She was still awake & when Kelsey popped her head over the crib too Lilyanah was up in a flash. Ethne was lying under a fluorescent light (trying to get rid of some jaundice still!), but that only detained her from joining the party for about 10 minutes. We got everyone a little dessert & sang happy s-t-b birthday. We included Lilyanah because yesterday she was officially a year & a half old & officially a ham. That little girl stood in the center of our living room & danced around while we all laughed hysterically at her. I really can't believe how funny she is. Mom used her camera to record her a little bit. I'll see if I can figure out how to get it on the blog. Dad initiated our new leather couch by spilling some banana milkshake on it (& himself, let's just say he went home in some uncomfortably wet jeans). It was funny watching him dance around a bit too though! While I was in the kitchen, I guess they got Lilyanah to say Ethne pretty clearly. Only twice, but it's a start! We're still working on 'Mommy.' Anyway, it was a really fun night. Everyone left a little after 9pm & Daddy got to put Lilyanah to sleep, again. . . So I have two questions (& thank you to those of you who take the time to read this & answer these sometimes ridiculous questions, I really enjoy hearing what you have to say!) Were you born near your due date? And secondly, what are your favorite & least favorite birthday memories? Love you all! ~ Wendy.

6 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I think I was. My mother didn't want a December baby bc it was so close to Xmas so I came on Nov. 30--the last day before December. I've been testing my limits with her ever since then ;)

One of my fav bday memories is my 16th bday party. I guess some people were mad they weren't invited and toilet papered our front yard while we were inside eating cake. We saw them out the window and my mother tried to chase them down the street. Pretty funny.

Love the kitchen!!

Anonymous said...

You have a sweet, fun family! It's a blessing that you live near each other right now.

I was born on my due date, in the early afternoon. I didn't make my mom miss a night of sleep--at least not the night before I was born.:)

Walt & Saundra said...

CONGRATULATIONS Wendy!!! I'm so happy for you.
Thank you for calling today...I've missed your voice!
Love you,
Saun

Korie said...

My dad still remembers my birthday as March 9th (it's the 13th) because that was my due date. I'm 30!!! I guess I'm glad I was born late instead of early.

Ryan and Katie said...

ok time for updated pics and post please :)

Anonymous said...

Ready for more picts of girls