Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Corey's Birthday Celebration

My little brother turned 29 years old on the 28th of July!!!! How is it possible that all 3 of us 'Craig kids' are almost all in our fourth decade of life! I guess it's better than the alternative. Corey was going out of town the morning of his birthday so we had a family party on the 26th. What can I say about my little brother. I love him more than life. I am so proud to be his sister & love to watch how wonderful & loving he is to our girls. There is absolutely NOTHING he could not accomplish that he set out to accomplish. He has nice legs for a guy, or so says my husband who also said, there's nothing he wouldn't do for his friends or family on top of being fun to be around. He is thoughtful, considerate, polite, insanely athletic, and a guy that anyone would be lucky to know & blessed to call friend. I just happen to be both & have him as my little brother to boot!
I included pictures of what we all did. Does it work out the same for all of you? All the men gathered in the living room & the women in the kitchen. . .
preparing, serving, cleaning up. . .The men were playing golf on Dad's wii. Will loves playing golf lately, video golf that is. I'm hoping the Wii system will go even further & pretty soon require the player to do ALL the motions. I told Will he'd have my vote to get a Wii as soon as they come out with football & you have to run the ball in addition to throwing & catching etc. That would be a GREAT workout, don't you think!?Here's a picture of two of my favorite women in the whole world. We had tacos for dinner & they were cleaning up the remnants. If you've ever been to the Craig household chances are you've had our famous tacos. Ever since we were little my mom has made homemade soft corn tortillas, can you say YUMMY!? I think we probably had them at least once a week, that & spaghetti with cornbread. And we never got tired of them, I think all 3 of us kids still make them on our own & sometimes request it when we're meeting for a meal at Mom & Dad's house. What is a meal you had a lot growing up? And do you think it's weird that we ate cornbread with spaghetti? It wasn't until going away for college that it was brought to my awareness that people don't typically eat cornbread with their spaghetti. Anyway, I had to put a couple of cute pictures of Lilyanah playing with her aunt Kelsey & uncle Jeremy. You can't tell Kelsey was playing with Lilyanah but she was. She likes to hide behind things & scare Lilyanah, which our little loo whoo loves, by the way. I just thought it was cute that I caught her under Ethne in her crib. That crib is the same one my mom used for all three of us kids. So far I've used it for both our girls though where Lilyanah was able to sleep in it for 6 months I doubt Ethne will fit for another 2. She's so long & can reach so far with her little arms. That means Will & I will soon be in the market for a crib. Will's mom got Lilyanah one of those 3-in-1 cribs & we're looking for another one of those for little Ethne. I like the idea of the girls having a bed that will be useful all through their life & that they can take with them when they're old enough to move out way down the road. Sometimes do you feel painfully aware of how quickly time is passing? I know I do when I hold my growing girls, this is precious time. I hope you all are having a great weekend! Love you! ~Wendy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1.) I heart Corey and think he is awesome and rad and, like, totally cool.

2.) I can't act like cornbread with spaghetti is too weird, because we always ate our spaghetti with fried potatoes.

3.) I feel like time is flying, too. Bennett is already outgrowing his 9 month clothes and he's not even 7 months old yet! He's sitting up like a champ and it won't be long before he's crawling--he's already figured it out, but only in reverse. What happened to my tiny, helpless newborn? He's going to be a walking, talking KID in no time!