Friday, August 31, 2007

Reaching Back to July 28th

Corey's birthday just happened to be the same day as the Newberg Old Fashioned Festival parade. Neither of the girls had ever been to a parade so while the guys chilled at home Mom & packed the girls up & walked over to my uncle Rick & aunt Mona's house. The parade route goes right by their house every year making it the ideal spot to sit & watch. Ideal because it's pretty close to the beginning of the route so the people in the parade are still smiling & still have candy to throw & stuff. Lilyanah was somewhat impressed but mostly just wanted to run out into the street so Mom kept a tight rein on her. I let her do all the running while I held sleeping little Ethne. Nothing really eventful happened during the parade but I wanted to show you a pic of something that made me laugh. About 20 feet away in the neighbors front yard there was this dog just standing there barking. Not funny in and of itself but the fact that he had unknowingly slipped out of his collar was hilarious. He was going crazy barking for a couple of minutes but wouldn't move from his spot because he thought he was still tied up! I could draw some serious spiritual parallels but I'll let you draw your own. I'm in a wonderful predicament of having too many adorable pictures of the girls so I'll just throw some in every once in awhile. One day when we Mathias girls were over at mom & dad's we put the girls together in the crib & here they are. I just love that Lilyanah's first instinct almost every time that she is close to Ethne is to lean over & give her a kiss on the head. The last couple pictures we took over at Jeremy's house. There's a little water feature/pond in his back yard that he's filled up with plants & even took a couple of koi from Dad's pond. It looks beautiful & I thought it was a perfect time to get some pictures of Lilyanah while she was playing around it. I also had the whole group get together to take a picture with the beautiful cloud & sky in the background. It was a fun day, Lilyanah always loves to visit with her uncle Jeremy. He always has something new to teach her & she's a willing student! Love you all! ~Wendy.

No comments: