
Good morning, afternoon, or evening, depending on when you're reading this. . It's our big day, even though we won't receive our results for about 2 business days; I guess that'll be our 'gi-normous' day! Anyway, I thought I would share some of the interesting things said when we were in the hospital for the month of January. Now, I have the excuse of being on some sort of drug at least part of the time, where the others in my family do not. But you have to love those goofy word slips.
1. The doctors approached us with the idea of a colonoscopy & when we were talking to Dad about it, he repeatedly referred to it as a “colonostomy.” We told him if he was going to talk like an expert in the field, he may want to pronounce it correctly. ( I love you Dad!)
2. While explaining to Mom how to remember my OB doctor's last name, Dantas, I intended to draw a connection to the movie, "The Count of Monte Cristo," in which Dantas was the main character's last name. Instead I said, "Yeah Mom, like Edmond Dantes from "The Count of Monticello."
3. Will slipped & said "umbiblical cord."
4. The day we had a lot of doctors coming in to talk to us about all of our options for inducing labor, having more tests to see what was going on in my intestines & surgery, the last doctor of the day came in & said, "I bet you have Doctoritis." Of course what I heard was Dr. Itis & in a very serious voice said, "No, I don't think we've met that doctor yet." As soon as I saw the smirk on Will's face, it hit me what she had said & we all at least got to laugh at the goofy patient--me.
That's all I can remember right now & I'm sure the majority of those are “you had to be there,” but I still thought I'd share them! Anyway, Will & I are going to spend the day running fun errands, which will be a huge treat for me because: #1-I get to spend the entire day with my husband & #2-I get to go shopping! That’s something I haven't done in quite some time because of everything going on! So again, thank you for your prayers, we love you all & also, thank you so much for your comments, I cherish reading them! For those of you who have said you were unable to make a comment & want to, I'm going to get another email address, but for the time being the only one I have (and you are more than welcome to email to it) is: wendyjcraig@yahoo.com.
I kept my pre-married email address so friends from long ago that I couldn't reach would still have a way to reach me. I guess the fact that my parents have lived in the same house for the past 25 years & had the same phone # for 28 years is also a really great way to find me, so it's time for a post-married address!
P.S. Wendy wrote this, but since I'm publishing it, I thought I'd add another picture of my beautiful granddaughter! Have a blessed day & please don't forget to pray! Denise

1 comment:
Hey guys! Kimi finally let me get our very own "blog" haha I've been wanting to comment on your site for a couple of weeks now and I finally can.
Wendyloohoo, you are in both of our prayers and thoughts on a regular basis. I just wanted to say what a lucky guy BJ is (Will for everyone up north-west!) to have found a person with such a couragous heart as you have. Of all of the people in the world, God truly brought him his perfect match in you.
If money and time were no object, we would spend our free moments in Oregon with you guys going through this with you. As strange as it sounds, I get emotionaly broken up everytime I sit down to think about all of the good and bad that has happened. You don't know how much it means to us to be able to see pictures and hear stories of what is happening in you guys' lives. We love you both and miss you guys. Keep in contact, okay? :)
Post a Comment