I know you all must have gone to your knees for us this week! It is truly amazing the prayer cover that we feel protecting us, and that's all because of EVERY SINGLE ONE of you! I went into the appointment really tired so I plugged in to Will's MP3 player & was instantly at peace. It was like I was back in my car driving to Kansas to one of my dentist's offices. That was always a time when God would speak to me through words in a song or through the scenes He would paint in the sky. I LOVED IT & that's what the downtime on that hospital bed was like. Which, since we're talking about it, the hopsital bed didn't even feel uncomfortable! I slept through the first 2 of the 5 total hours I was hooked up to the IV.
I don't really remember how I felt after the first chemo but Mom says the difference in my reactions between the first & second treatments were like night & day. I had some pretty icky nausea after we got home & slept pretty much the rest of last night but felt good this morning upon waking up! My mother & sister in law are in town until Friday afternoon & are making sure I get all of the water I'm suppose to drink. . . between 80 & 100 ozs!!!!!!! So I call them my water nazi's, but a necessary evil because it's suppose to help me get rid of all the chemicals they pump me full of.
Will went with me to my appointment, that goes without saying. This cancer is not my cancer, it is our cancer & the hardest thing for him is that it is in my part of our body. God truly blessed me with a man who lives to serve God & make his girl happy -- girls I mean! Which reminds me, I figured out what the 'real' worst part of the chemo is. . . It's that for 24 hours after I finish I can't touch Lilyanah skin-to-skin, I have to have a blanket or something between us because some of the chemicals can be excreted through my skin. Sad, huh!? But we make it, I still get to talk to her, sing to her & love on her. So I am still such a blessed woman!
So I'm going to end this update with one of my cheesy Wendy observations.
Will & I were driving down Rex Hill which is my favorite view of Newberg because the valley just opens up in front of you. Anyway, there was this beautiful cloud that had gray on the bottom & was so fluffy & white & gorgeous up top. It just made me think of the cancer & how yeah, it's not good, we wouldn't have chosen to get it. But at the same time I wouldn't trade all the glimpses of love, support, kindness, encouragement, generosity & selflessness that God has shown us through friends & family as a result of the cancer. So thank you to all for being an extension of our Father in our lives!!! Much love to you all!
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wendy --
I realize we haven't visited you or seen you in sooooo long, but I want you to know you aren't forgotten either! In fact, you were prayed for, by me, with 8 other elders, & Greg & Ron, in our early Sunday AM elder's meeting yesterday......and it's not the first time! We may be quiet in the crowd, but we are your prayer warriors on the front lines.
Our God is faithful and will be near you through this! Be strong and courageous! Thank you for the way you are ministering to others during this serious time in your life! God is good!
Love, Mike T
Knowing you all these years, I shouldn't be surprised by your positive attitude and the depth of your faith, but you never cease to amaze me. I'm so glad that you're able to see the blessings amid the trials--so many people never learn the lessons you're sharing with us.
By the way, it's fun to read through the comments and see posts from people I haven't seen in years. Heck, I think Dana Barbarick was around when I was born. (But she was VERY, VERY young!)
Love to you and the whole family,
Gina (Frost) Kortan
Post a Comment