
You all must have been going to God for me yesterday because I haven't experienced many side effects. Will & I got a sauna that I went in for 10 minutes afterwards. I drank nearly 32 oz of water while I was in there & lost it all as soon as I got out. Yucky! We're hoping by me using the sauna I can sweat out some of the toxins from chemo in addition to washing them out of my body with water. Good times, eh? Is that too much information?
Well, the doctor did not say "remission". He said, 'partial remission'. All the tumors are gone, there are just 'specks/abnormalities' left that have to be gone before I'm considered in full remission. We're so close though! I have CAT & PET scans scheduled in May which should show how much the 3rd & 4th chemo treatments did to get rid of the 'specks'. If all the abnormalities are gone I'll only have to finish out 2 more chemo treatments. Followed by a CAT scan every 3 or 4 months for 3 years followed by 2 a year for the next two years. After 5 years I'll only have to have 1 a year. That's as far out as the doctor would go with me. Now if there are still abnormalities I'll probably have 4 more chemo treatments & then go to the sporadic CAT scans. Let's hope that's not what God has planned for me!
A friend asked what my mindset was going into chemo treatments & I have to say at first I DREAD them. At least until I walk through the hospital doors & then I transform into a woman on a mission. My treatment is a 'necessary evil' that I have to conquer. And then as I walk in the room & see all of the other cancer patients laying in their beds I'm humbled & so grateful that God protected me from a "worst case scenario". I overheard one lady say she was on her 13th treatment & was laying in the bed next to an 80 year old gentlemen whose wife walked in and said, "Sorry, love, I didn't forget about you I just fell asleep, how are you doing." he replied,"Oh, just like usual".
So many people endure this season of sickness for so much longer than it looks like I will be called to. I admire them for their strength & resilience. On the days when I feel like an 80 year old woman with arthritis in my joints & aches all over my body I question how I can do it one more time. . . then I look down at the ring on my right hand & I'm reminded that One has endured more than I will ever be called to endure & that's my Savior, Jesus Christ.Back in 2001 I was working as a sales rep in Oklahoma City & I went through a time of trial with some friends. I felt betrayed & didn't know what to do. And then I found the ring you see in the picture. It made me think of the crown of thorns that Jesus wore to the cross. At the time it reminded me that Jesus was betrayed way beyond what I will ever experience. And as I face cancer, no matter what trials it brings my way I will never be called to endure what He endured during His lifetime & going to the cross. How blessed are we to serve a risen Lord Who loved us enough to sacrifice everything so that we can live with Him in Heaven someday!?
The little hand is of course our Lilyanah, she was still in the NICU at the time so you can see some of the wires across the bottom. I know I said it before, but I'm so glad that time is over. All praise be to God for our healthy precious baby girl! I hope you all are having such a blessed day! Thank you for caring enough about me & my family to take the time to read about what God is doing in our lives. I truly enjoy reading your comments & in case you've tried before & couldn't leave a comment I found in our profile that I could change it so that you do not have to have a blog to be able to comment, so if you will please try again! Love you all! Wendy.

5 comments:
You have so many great pictures! I love the daisy chain one. Your posts are so uplifting to me and I am sure to many others. Thank you for chronicling (is that a word) your experiences. I am still keeping you in my prayers! Love ya!
I just got caught up. Thank you for sharing your life in these updates, and the pictures are great. You have been such a major part of my prayer life lately. Maybe some day I can come up and visit or if you ever come down to visit Oklahoma let me know...Go Sooners! ~Jeanne Parker Lay
wendy , this is from aunt kathy.....i love you lots and admire your strength and courage. the pictures you are posting are priceless, YOU ARE AWESOME AND YOU ARE LOVED.
Wendy, YOU are such an inspiration to me and my family
Wen, I'm loving all of the pictures you've been posting. I hope I'll get a chance to give you all the love and hugs I've been sending "telepathetically" in person when we come out for camp at the end of June. Your little Lilyanah will be almost 6 months old by then! Wow!
Post a Comment