Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Chemo #3


The first picture of all of the 'Butcher family great-grandchildren'
Papa is holding Nolan & George, Gg is holding our little Lilyanah & Violet with her arm around Grant (the oldest of the bunch)

God sure does paint some extraordinarily beautiful days, doesn't He!? For the first time I did not have a private room for my treatment, which I didn't mind at all! The beds out in the 'common area' are much more comfortable & I had a big picture window that was directly in front of me. I made the executive decision (of course with my nurse's approval) to put my head where my feet should have gone so I could look outside instead of at the private rooms. Of course in the end I saw more of my eyelids than anything else. I'm telling you, that Benadryl really puts this girl out! So far this post-chemo has been the best. I feel fairly good & am experiencing very few side effects.
My next treatment is the 25th of April, but I have an ultrasound scheduled for the 13th to check on those 'things' they found on my ovaries. Ultrasounds are much more fun, I think, when there's a little baby you're looking at on the monitor instead of tumors or cysts.
I'd like to ask your prayers for my family. Papa & Gg (aka George & Ruth Butcher) are heading to South Dakota on Saturday to help move my cousin Carrie (used to be Isenberg) Moore, David, her husband, & her two little boys, George & Nolan, back to good old Newberg, Oregon. Our whole family is excited to have them back & would just treasure prayers for safe travel for all involved.
Jeremy, my older brother, is considering some serious life changes (in a good way) & just needs prayers for God's guiding hand. Thanks so much!

No comments: