Saturday, April 22, 2006

April Birthday Party

First, I have to say, I started a blog to announce the engagement of Corey to Kelsey on the 19th & just published it tonight so it shows up on the blog after my long drawn out 'Catching Up II,' but if you just select "Engaged" from the "Table of Contents" on the left it'll take you to it. . .
Last night we had a family party at Dawn & Gano's to celebrate all of our April birthdays. Carrie (holding George) turned 26, Papa turned 75 on the 3rd, Will turned 27 on the 6t
h, & Gigi will turn 72 on the 26th! But here's nearly the entire "Butcher family." Families congregated together so starting from the left is obviously Papa & Gigi, followed by the Craig family & us on the couch, including Kelsey who will soon be a member of our family through Corey (Jeremy is the photographer). Gano (the youngest child), Dawn & Jack are next, then Kathy (the oldest child) & Steve. The furthest to the right are Rick & Mona with their two girls (Laura and Carrie) & their families cascading downward. (Boyd, the oldest son, arrived after this was taken.) We had a lot of fun visiting & chomping down on BBQ burgers. Gano's a master at the grill!
We got some shots of all our little ones together. We should've had a video going, they were all so cute & animated. That is except for our sweet Lilyanah who was falling asleep! George is the oldest, followed by Violet, Nolan & then Lilyanah! We are so blessed to have so much family so close!
So Tuesday the 25th is the date of my 4th chemo treatment. Yeah! That will put me over halfway done. Most appointments I don't have too many questions for the doctor but I will this time. I'm sorry for not updating you all with the results from my ultrasound. I'll summarize the results with the ultrasound "doctors" comment: "If I didn't know you have/had lymphoma, I would dictate that you have a normal pelvis." Which is fabulous! He said he didn't find any tumors, he did find a collapsed & shrinking cyst on my left ovary but that's it! I hesitate to say the word remission until I hear it out of my oncologist's mouth but maybe that's what I'll hear at my appointment on Tuesday morning! Even if I am in remission I will still have 2 more chemo treatments after Tuesday's. Selfishly I want to ask you all to please continue praying for my healing. This last chemo cycle was no walk in the park. We call them my good days & my bad days. I have about 10 bad "body" days before I get back to my normal self. I don't think I really appreciated a "GOOD" day before all of this. I hope I appreciate them on a new level from here on out! May all of you enjoy your good day! Wendy.

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I'm so happy to hear about your good health news! And I wish we could have been there for the April Birthday celebrations. Love ya!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy to hear about the great results of your ultrasound, Sweetie! Hallelujah! God is good.

I love all the pictures you've been posting!

Mike and Debby said...

Wendy, you are an amazing spirit! May God continue to bless your recovery and strengthen you during the next few weeks. You inspire victory and mirror courage! You are, and will be, in our prayers!
LMT